Sunday, June 26, 2005

I'm a mission trip participant?
I "volunteered" recently to drive my truck and carry luggage for a group from my church to go on a mission trip. They're going on a work trip to Monroe, Louisiana to help out in a community with an organization called Group Workcamps. Somehow, I missed the part where they said I'd be an actual mission trip participant. Me? How the heck'd that work out that way?!? I'm the driver. I filled in the circles that said I'd prefer to work with children and animals, I guess in a VBS setting.

I've never really shared Jesus with animals, but it can't be too much different than children. Both are fidgety, easily agitated creatures. I'd like to maybe perform a puppet show for recently neutered cats. I don't know how many neutered cats are in need of Jesus in the greater
Monroe, Louisiana region, but I'll be there with my hand puppet just in case. I just look at it like this: what cat who just had his balls torn off doesn't need Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home