Sunday, July 10, 2005

Ankle break, week one: Ground Zero
I broke myself. I couldn't believe it when it happened and I'm still struggling with the concept. Kids: don't run in the parking lot while you're wearing your cleats. I slipped when I tried to stop and now I'm on the DL for probably two seasons. I started screaming before I saw that my toe was pointed at the ground while I sat holding my knee trying not to pass out or throw up.

I'm struggling to move past this moment. It's become too painful to recount and I'm trying to adjust and figure out my options professionally and recreationally. It's going to take a year to recover from this mishap. I was going to go back to massage therapy school in September. I may never play tennis or softball again. I may walk like Festus on Gunsmoke. Dear Lord, it all happened so quickly. Did I appreciate it enough before it was over? I hope I did, because I miss it already. What would have happened if I just walked to turn off my car instead of jogging. It's all over for me right now and it's a big void. I'm not sad or depressed, it's all happened too quickly. I'm still screaming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home