Monday, August 15, 2005

Home skool'd
My kid went back to public school this morning. We home schooled him from third grade till now an he's not retarded or anything. He actually made it into Honors English and he's going to test for Honors Math. And we can't take credit for any of it. He was self-taught. It was the curriculum we used. I helped him with a math problem like, two years ago. That was the last time. It might have been something to do with the screaming, but it might not have been. I'll deny it until he goes to counseling when he's in his thirties and then I'll just say that it was the times and it was the way I was raised, so stop whining you little baby, there's people starving to death all over the world and you're worried about how I spoke to you one afternoon twenty years ago. Yeah, I gotta save this excuse somewhere so I don't forget.

The refreshing thing is that he's not a kid who feels he needs a new wardrobe to go back to school. We asked if he wanted anything and he said no. I just sat there stunned. I remember the back-to-school shopping day. It was my favorite day of the year. He doesn't know this tradition. He didn't even want new Chucks. Is this even my kid? Who doesn't want a new pair of shoes? I think he's destined to be a missionary or something. If he can figure out how to share the Gospel of X-Box. I don't necessarily get him all the time, but how can I not appreciate the money he saves me. God bless his weird little heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home