Friday, September 09, 2005

Music from The Edge Of Heaven
I was thinking of 80's music today and I found the most beautiful song of all time: WHAM!'s, "A Different Corner". I recognize the ludicrous nature of that last phrase, but this song was, to me, the epitome of young love at that time. Whenever I hear it, I can still see myself driving through some non-descript European fishing villa in spring. It's like a great cologne commercial or a scene out of The Amazing Mr. Ripley, but without being beaten to death with an oar.

It's a song that makes me want to dress better when I listen to it. I don't understand the phenomenon, but I want to put on a clean, white linen shirt and a pair of Men's Bacco Bucci loafers, brown, and gaze out onto the Mediterranean, while contemplating my broken heart. I picked Bacco Bucci loafers randomly, because I like saying the name. It's not Backo Booki, you insipid American. Say it as, "Bahtcho Boootchy". Now say it more with your lips and not so much with your mouth. Now grab my Cosmopolitan, come, sit beside me at the window and we shall contemplate my broken heart together as we gaze at the Mediterranean. I'm bored now, entertain me Monkey.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scholiast said...

It IS a good song. And the Mediterranean is always a good place to muse, ponder, grieve, hang out... Come to think of it, why am I here and not there?

Fri Oct 07, 04:33:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home