Friday, October 14, 2005

Dear Ryan,
I went and played disc golf at Sanders Ferry Park today and shot all 18 holes, with no ankle support. I’m feeling it now, but I wanted to force myself to finish. I took it slow, but I around hole 10, I could have quit and felt okay with my progress. I shot a +9, got two birdies (one shot was a 40’ putt), and had to take two penalty shots. I played both water shots, on holes 14 and 15, and lost a disc on hole 14. I was throwing a 175g XL and got off an unexpectedly good pull and over-shot the water, the trees, and then the parking lot. I was waving at it like crazy for it to fall back into play (it didn’t listen), but I must have put too much Anhyzer on it for it to fight back against the wind. It landed at the rear of some dubious-looking, chest-high weeds, and I just wasn’t up for another Midnight Tick Check, so I donated it to the disc gods. I liked the throw: there was a nice right to left wind, so it probably carried 375’ with a one-step throw. Unfortunately, it was carrying in the wrong direction the entire time. I also pulled off a 400’er with a one-step on hole 8: the boring straight-ahead, open shot with a low hill in the middle that prevents you from seeing the basket.

Interesting finds today: the 150g jelly Storm that I picked up in Bowling Green turns left if I throw it level with any speed, so I have a great turning disc now! It says it’s “stable”, but I had to put tons of Hyzer on it just for it to fly straight. It’s also a first-run, a 150, and I did hit that tree with it, but that was only one time. It shouldn’t be that fragile! I also found a 173g black Buzz sitting on hole 18. Someone must have forgotten it was there and walked away. It’s a collector’s disc from this years' Scottsdale Memorial. It's a crazy little full-color graphic with ducks and a three-eyed fishy! Unfortunately, Mr. Genius wrote his illegible name and number in black ink, on a black disc.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel like a peeping tom reading your love letters to your little buddy!

Fri Oct 14, 11:11:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Shawn Passwaters said...

It's meant to be voyeuristic. It promotes readership! :D You can also write things like "Don't click on this link". It drives people crazy. They then, have to look. It's human nature.

Sat Oct 15, 09:55:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Shawn Passwaters said...

Yeah, I've been walking now for about two weeks. I'm using disc golf as my rehab workouts. The uneven terrain forces my ankle and foot to flex and grab. I just take baby steps, but it's definitely a workout.

The bio pic is the lead singer from My Chemical Romance. The bio is one of my favorite songs that they sing. I love the line, "...like a bullet through a flock of doves...". I just like what they rant about. Their screaming desperation fits my life right now. :D

Thu Oct 20, 02:16:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That guy is HOT - kind of a goth Meatloaf

Wed Oct 26, 04:38:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home