Friday, October 07, 2005

Things that now fascinate me
Baseball: hated it as a kid, played one season of church softball last year, now I can't get enough of it.
Politics: fell in love with The Daily Show and Jon Stewart. The news has never been funnier.
History: Love The History Channel and discovering how and why things fit together as they do.
Math: I don't so much love it as much as I see a need for it and accept it now.
CNN: ditto. And anything's better than FOX (bunch of friggin' facists!)

All ths stuff is still new and shiney to me. I've just never paid attention to it. So if you know any good shortcuts to learning this stuff, send a link!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, there's one good shortcut I LOVE right now:
http://brevity.org/rss/daily_show_video.rss

FuManChu

Since you seem to be looking around, I'll at least offer: you can have a space at aminus.org/blogs if you want (where I've moved myself and some friends to).

Fri Oct 07, 10:44:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Scholiast said...

Baseball: I never get it. Perhaps because there's like 2 people over here playing baseball..
Politics: Not really - but Jon Stewart, oh yes...
History: Love history. Always more interesting than current affairs and what have you.
Maths: Necessity. Not so much for life, as to help the kids with their homework..
CNN: 'fraid not.. (BBC, though)

Fri Oct 07, 04:36:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home