Monday, November 28, 2005

If Elvis jumped off a bridge...
I watched Walk The Line last week, B.C. (Before Cold) and I learned a lot of things about Johnny Cash. I knew he was addicted to prescription medications as Elvis was, but I never knew that it was someone in Elvis' entourage who started Johnny down his road of excess with the all-too-predictable phrase, "Go ahead and try it, Elvis takes them."

Sitting there in the darkness of the theatre in all of my Parental Glory, I realized that I was shaking my head and giving that, "you dumbass" look during that scene.

I highly recommend this film even if you're just fans of Reese or Joaquin. This is easily their best work to date, and I wouldn't be surprised if they walk away with some Oscars for their efforts. It's one of the few movies I'd actually pay to go watch again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home