Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The 40, Day 2: The Fire Spreads
Moses Flees To Midian, Exodus 2:11-25

We shared the vision for the fast with some of youth group's student leadership yesterday. Eight people joined immediately. They had all been praying for something huge to happen in the youth group. Every one of them had the same feeling that they wanted to take their faith to the next level, but couldn't figure out how to go about this change.

We announced the fast within the youth group tonight. Fifteen kids have posted to Ernie's MySpace or told me verbally that they're going to be fasting in some manner: technologies, junk food and sodas, or useless entertainment. It's amazing, because to me, they don't have to do this fast. Forty days isn't a short amount of time when you're fifteen years-old and living without your iPod.

Personally, I'm hungry, tired, and excited. I'm existing on 340 calories a day, 90 ounces of water, and a lot of prayer. This doesn't look or feel like what I imagined. I think it's a good thing. God doesn't ever come to us in the manner we'd prefer.

I just erased a sentence that said I'm waiting for God to reveal Himself in my life. He is revealing himself through the lives of these youth and I'm blessed by their courage. I'm blessed by this entire endeavor already. I'm blessed by the encouragement I've received from even those who aren't participating, but want us to succeed.

I can feel your prayers. They carry me through the day. Thank you and may God bless your endeavors also.

I sound all Bible-y...what's up with that?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home