Monday, May 15, 2006

The Maturation Of Shawn
My fast ended a week ago. I feel...different now. I'm quieter, more pragmatic, maybe more faithful? I don't know, I just know I'm not completely who I was when I started. I feel nicer? Nah, most people who know me would probably say I'm the same jerk I was before, but integrally, I feel different. I feel like an adult now.

The only way I can think to explain it is that I went through the motions of maturity and the responsibilities that come with every respective age, but I longed for my youth. I was constantly missing the importance of the wisdom that comes from having lived for nearly four decades.


I think I have more to say on this subject, I just...don't wanna. That was the jist. Glad to be back talking to you guys again.

See ya' 'round the bend!

3 Comments:

Blogger sknaB nolA said...

glad to read you came out alive :)

Tue May 16, 07:13:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for Shawn being back. It was like a mandatory fast from Shawn. Very difficult time.
I am glad you grew up? I am not sure if that should be a hip hip horray or not. Your maturation of Shawn had a somber feel to it. But what else can you say about an unexplicable experience right?
Basically, I am just glad you are back.
Happy little elves like myself need people like you to keep us sane.

Thu May 18, 03:31:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Shawn Passwaters said...

Glad to BE back. That was a really long 40 days. :D I'm glad I make the elf people happy!

Thu May 18, 11:23:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home