Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A good excuse for bad cooking.
I've discovered that here in the South, people don't "die" for the good cooking, they live for a good condiment. Tarter sauce seems to be everyone's favorite. Restaurants even boast how good their homemade condiments are, versus the competition's. I lived on the West Coast. It had the best restaurants I've ever eaten at in my life. Here, in the South, we hope to God we can just cover our food in something that gives it flavor. I weep in my pillow at night. I never thought I'd miss California so much.

"Let them have their tar-tar sauce." -Montgomery Burns

2 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

mmm food. I have never lived outside of California but I can imagine from stories that you are not going to get the best food when the staff at the restraunt can't pronounce what they are serving. ie. Mexican restraunt, Supposed Mexican Server= Tortilla, think Napoleon Dynamite.
I realize this has nothing to do with anything but I had to comment. I am glad you have finally decided to once again grace us with your wittiness...
BTW I have given into the blogger...I like comments and people don't comment on friendster.

Thu Aug 17, 11:04:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Shawn Passwaters said...

baby girl, it's almost impossible to comment on friendster. once i sign in, it takes me away from your page and it takes ten minutes to reload all the different pages. hell, as old as i am, i've forgotten what i was actually going to say.but i love that ur on here with me now. YAY!

Fri Aug 18, 07:42:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home