Wednesday, September 26, 2007

That Boy Just Ain't Right
Got a Wild Hair yesterday and started obsessing over cowboy boots. I ended up drooling over a pair of Justin Roper Basics, because of price and sizes ($65 and made for Duck Feet). I had time today, so I ran into a Tractor Supply Warehouse just to see if they had a pair. That's a real chain store here and very popular despite your snickering. I felt like a little kid at Christmas when I found a pair that fit. I slid on both boots, stood up, looked down, and said aloud, "Hank Hill".

As I put the box back onto the shelf I wondered if my best Boot Days were behind me. They were aesthetically hideous, chafed my calves, and completely changed my gait. It wasn't that it was a poignant moment (though it was), it was just another Adult Moment, when reality heart punches your expectations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home