Sunday, December 28, 2008

Daddy want.
I loved my tricycle as a four-year old. It was my horse, my Mach 5, or my rocket to the moon. It took me to far away lands and allowed me to escape screaming parents telling me to slow down or grandma with her switch. My next freedom was the first time my neighbor taught me how to ride his bicycle when I was eight years old. The world became bigger that day and I pushed my boundaries to the length of an entire alley. I thought I could fly.

Nothing has ever come close to those two events in my life until I saw this contraption and watched how it swayed, carving back and forth, hypnotizing me.

It is skateboarding, inline skating, and skiing, with handlebars. It is bicycling without the incredibly sore ass and slipping chain. It sways. I love to swaaaaay. I think I will learn to fly again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

To tell you I love you and miss you would be too obvious, but still true. I am going to be in Atlanta in April...how far is that from the PassH2O family?

When I saw the infomercial for this I thought two things: I must have this; Shawn would love this.

Sun Dec 28, 11:50:00 PM CST  
Blogger Katester said...

I saw one of these on the Mission Beach boardwalk. It scared me like the thought of a house filling up with water or a house fire scared me as a child.

Wed Dec 31, 01:15:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home