Friday, December 05, 2008

My Doppelgangers?

People have always had a certain compulsion when they meet me to tell me whom they believe I look like, regardless of how unflattering, arbitrary, or uncomfortable it makes everyone feel afterwards. I can’t explain it but I think it’s just that basic human need to name the unknown. I am their son’s best friend who’s the local sheriff. I’m their home healthcare nurse who moved to Memphis. I’m a superhero, a cartoon character, or a soap opera star but I’m always someone to about 70% of the people I meet. A distinction I’ve noticed is that females tend to believe they are being complimentary and men use this as a means of being a douche bag.

Superman
I get this a lot from females, but I’m thinking that they mean Clark Kent when they say this, only because we’re both tall and dark, wear glasses, and behave awkwardly in social situations.
Vincent D’Onofrio
I was in boot camp when Full Metal Jacket came out. I guess all fat guys with shaved heads look reasonably similar? And then I recently got dubbed with this one again by a few Law & Order fans. I mentioned this to my wife and she seemed insulted for me. I do still love his acting.
The Terminator
I had a long flat top for most of my hitch in the Marine Corps and through some of my adult life. I got that one a lot just for the cultural phenomenon of the movie during that period I think.
Fred Flintstone
I wish I had this guy’s 5 o’clock shadow. That would just be Fun With Facial Hair Day every stinking day! Plus, he’s a bowler and I do enjoy a day at the lanes.
Bluto
Popeye’s arch-nemesis: I don’t mind the comparison, but I never really liked his attitude. I always cheered for Popeye.
Dean Cain
The actor from the live-action Superman TV show back in the 90s. I’ve seen recent pictures and he’s really let himself go. Now we look similar.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have always had a crush on Vincent; hell of an actor. However, I think you are better looking - even more than in the Dean Cain letting himself go way.

Sat Dec 06, 02:53:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home